The basic mission of the Jefferson County jail is to provide a safe, sanitary and secure place of detention for all persons incarcerated. The jail shall also provide a safe, secure and professional environment for jail staff, visitors and professional user agencies.
The jail must protect the community by securely holding persons who are determined to pose a threat to public safety. The jail will provide secure constitutional and humane care for adult male and female prisoners consistent with the U.S. constitution and Idaho Sheriff's Association for Jail Standards for:
- Inmates on pre-trial status
- Sentenced inmates until their sentences are served
Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA)
The Jefferson County Jail complies with the national standard for reporting allegations of sexual abuse, sexual assault, and sexual harassment as part of the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA).
We have zero tolerance for sexual abuse, sexual assault, and sexual harassment and encourage any allegations to be reported to the proper authorities. Our inmates have the right to be free from such behaviors.
Make a Report
In order to help we ask anyone who has information regarding any and all allegations to report it. A report can be made in any of the following ways:
- Reports may be made directly to any member of staff or medical or mental health.
- Reports may be given to our PREA Coordinator, Lieutenant Bush at 208-745-9210.
- Reports may be submitted to Bonneville County Detectives, Lieutenant Parker or Lieutenant Kendrick, by calling the Bonneville County Jail at 208-529-1315.
- Reports may be made through the Family Crisis Center in Rexburg at 208-356-0065 or by calling their hotline at 800-962-5601.
Any reporting may be done either verbally or in writing and will be kept confidential other than to those who need to know for purposes of investigating the allegations of inappropriate behavior. All reports of any allegations of misconduct will be investigated promptly.
No Cost to Report
All services needed due to a PREA violation will be at no cost to the victim or the individual reporting the allegation and such services will not be monitored.
View annual Prison Rape Elimination Act Reports in the Archive Center.